At day two of MIX 2011, Microsoft has just unveiled Silverlight 5 beta 1, which is now available for download. Much has been happening in the world of Microsoft this week, the recent big news being the Windows 8 build 7850 leak.
The first beta of Silverlight 5 brings a host of new capabilities. For greater performance and video quality, Silverlight 5 brings Hardware Video Decode and for variable-rate video playback with audio pitch correction, the first beta of Silverlight 5 brings “Trickplay.” Microsoft’s new XNA based interface which makes 3D possible within applications is also included in Silverlight 5 beta 1.
Full features of Silverlight 5 beta 1 include:
- XAML Debugging with breakpoints for binding debugging
- Implicit data templates for easy UI reuse
- Double (and multi) click support
- GPU-accelerated XNA-compatible 3D and immediate-mode 2D API
- Low-latency sound effects and WAV support
- Real operating system windows and multi-display support
- Significant performance improvements, fixes and much more
As previously mentioned, Silverlight 5 beta 1 is now available for download. More information regarding Silverlight 5 beta 1 can be obtained from here.