Earlier today, Apple just pushed out a lone Apple TV 2 iOS upgrade. Based on iOS 4.3, iOS 4.2.2 for Apple TV 2G brings many performance and stability improvements. It also fixes various bugs that were being encountered in audio/video playback on the second generation Apple TV. Full changelog, after the break.
Changelog of iOS 4.2.2 upgrade for Apple TV 2G:
- Audio: Addressed an issue in which audio is not output when playing some video content.
- Video playback: Addresses an issue in which video is not displayed when playing some content.
- Audio video outpout: Adds an audio output setting for switching to 16 bit audio for compatibility with some TVs and AV receivers.
- Live FF/RW improvements: Improves the performance of fast forwarding and rewinding live events.
- Movie description: Addresses and issue in which the description information is not displayed for some movies.
- YouTube video order: Addresses an issue in which YouTube subscription videos were not ordered by date.
Download iOS 4.2.2 (iOS 4.3 based) Upgrade for Apple TV 2G
Download iOS 4.2.2 for Apple TV 2G.