Today Apple has released the second beta version of iOS Firmware 5.1 with Beta 2 to developers, so if you have a developers account you can go ahead and download it from the portal but if you don’t have an account or lost a password or something you can get the iOS Firmware 5.1 beta 2 IPSW from the direct links given below.
It was just two weeks before when the first beta of iOS 5.1 and now Apple has released the second beta version of iOS 5.1 with hopes that it will finally fix the prevailing battery issues that has been haunting iPhone users since the day of iOS 5 release.
Below is the full change-log of the software :-
Notes and Known Issues
The following issues relate to using the 5.1 SDK to develop code.
When creating an iCloud account, you can use any Apple ID as long as it is a full email address and not a MobileMe account. If you have a MobileMe account, you can move that account to iCloud. You can find more information at: http://me.com/move
• The NSNetService class and CFNetService APIs do not include P2P interfaces by default. To browse, register, or resolve services over P2P interfaces, an application needs to use the Bonjour DNSService*() APIs noted below.
• Setting the interfaceIndex parameter to kDNSServiceInterfaceIndexAny in the following API’s will not include P2P interfaces by default. To include P2P interfaces, you must now set the kDNSServiceFlagsIncludeP2P flag when usingkDNSServiceInterfaceIndexAny or set the interfaceIndex to kDNSServiceInterfaceIndexP2P. The affected APIs are:
FIXED: App icons and profile photos are not loading in apps using Game Center.
iCloud Photo Stream
NEW: Photos taken using iOS 5.1 can be deleted from Photo Stream on your device and will be removed automatically from Photo Stream on your other iOS 5.1 devices. Older photos can be manually deleted from your iOS 5.1 devices.
• Provisioning profiles must be enabled for iCloud in the iOS Provisioning Portal. To enable a provisioning profile for iCloud, navigate to the App ID section of the iOS Provisioning Portal and configure your App ID for iCloud. After enabling the App ID for iCloud, regenerate your provisioning profiles to enable them for iCloud.
• The setSortDescriptors: method of NSMetadataQuery is not supported.
• In iOS 5, files that are protected via Data Protection cannot be used with iCloud Storage APIs.
• File names are case-insensitive in Mac OS X but case-sensitive in iOS. This can lead to problems when sharing files between the two using iCloud. You should take steps on iOS to avoid creating files whose names differ only by case.
Starting in iOS 5.0, in order to facilitate finer-grained playback control, a movie player is not automatically prepared to play upon creation. Call the prepareToPlay method to prepare the movie player. For more information, see MPMoviePlayerController Class Reference
Using shake-to-shuffle causes Music app to freeze and playback to stop.
In iOS 5, signing certificates with MD5 signatures is not supported. Please ensure that certificates use signature algorithms based on SHA1 or SHA2.
NEW: Immediately after completing the Setup Assistant, it may re-appear and show the wifi screen and/or final “Thank You” screen. The workaround when in this loop is to reboot the device.
SpringBoard Lock Screen
NEW: The lock screen can intermittently get in a state where double-clicking the home button will no longer bring up the camera button. To get out of that state, you need to restart the device.
Apple has finally added the capability of deleting Photo Stream photos without involving in the hassle of getting reset anything, as now you can delete any Photo Stream individually.
DOWNLOAD Firmware iOS 5.1 Beta 3 IPSW for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch [Direct Links]
iOS 5.1 Beta 2 for iPhone 3GS IPSW [DIRECT LINK]
iOS 5.1 Beta 2 for iPhone 4 CDMA IPSW [DIRECT LINK]
iOS 5.1 Beta 2 for iPhone 4 GSM IPSW [DIRECT LINK]
iOS 5.1 Beta 2 for iPhone 4S IPSW [DIRECT LINK]
iOS 5.1 Beta 2 for iPad 1 IPSW [DIRECT LINK]
iOS 5.1 Beta 2 for iPad 2 WiFi IPSW [DIRECT LINK]
iOS 5.1 Beta 2 for iPad 2 GSM 3G IPSW [DIRECT LINK]
iOS 5.1 Beta 2 for iPad 2 CDMA 3G IPSW [DIRECT LINK]
iOS 5.1 Beta 2 for iPod 3G IPSW [DIRECT LINK]
iOS 5.1 Beta 2 for iPod 4G IPSW [DIRECT LINK]
Disclaimer : The beta version is intended for developers, use these links at your own risk.