Remember that partly melted Samsung Galaxy S III that was reported to have burnt while in a car dock?, well it turns out that S3 user threw it in a heat source such as an Oven but that’s not the whole story either. Details after the jump!.
Samsung Tomorrow reports :-
The damaged device and additionally provided devices were examined and exposed to a series to tests. The investigation summary states that “The energy source responsible for generating the heat has been determined as external to the device” and “the device was not responsible for the cause of the fire.”
Additionally, the investigation results state, “The only way it was possible to produce damage similar to the damage recorded within the owner’s damaged device was to place the devices or component parts within a domestic microwave.”
Here’s the shocker, the device was not allegedly thrown in the oven at first, the device got damaged on exposure to water and to get the full refund for the device, the reader devised a plane to regain all the money by falsely blaming Samsung for a built-in defect. Here’s what the the user posted on the forum :-
“I would like to retract my original statement. The damage to the phone was caused by another person, although they were attempting to recover the phone from water this later caused the damage shown on the phone.
“It occurred due to a large amount of external energy and there was no fault with the phone. This was not a deliberate act but a stupid mistake.
“I am unable to comment any further.”
So in order to get full payment for the device, user tried to fool Samsung into paying full price of the smartphone to save it’s image. Little did he know, there are ways from which you can actually save your device exposed to water in most cases.
Those of you who are afraid of Galaxy S3 overheat issues and fear of it blowing in your hands, don’t worry anymore – unless offcourse you burn it in an oven!.