Recently RedSnow 0.9.15b1 got released through which you can jailbreak the official version of iOS 6 running on A4 devices(iPhone 4-3GS and 4th gen iPod-Touch), we have prepared a guide that shows how you can jailbreak your A4 device which you can see after the jump!.
How To Jailbreak (Tethered) Official iOS 6 Running iPhone 4-3GS and iPod touch (4th-Gen) Using RedSnow 0.9.15b1 [Guide]
- This guide is only meant for A4 devices [iPhone 4-3GS and iPod touch (4th-Gen)].
- Devices with A5 (iPhone 4S, iPad 2), A5X (iPad 3) and A6 (iPhone 5) processors aren’y supported.
- Hacktivation + baseband preservation support has also been added only for iPhone 4 and 3GS.
Step 1: Download RedSn0w 0.9.15b1 and open it.
For iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS Ultrasn0w unlockers :-
You will first need to preserve your older baseband for unlock.
- Click on Extras option and select Custom IPSW option.
- Select the required iOS 6 IPSW file for your device.
- Once done, enter Pwned DFU mode by selecting Pwned DFU from Redsn0w’s Extras option, and then restore to this custom firmware. After doing all these things, then follow the steps below.
Step 2: Place your A4 device into DFU mode.
- (Hold Home and Power button for 10 seconds. After 10 seconds release Power button but keep on holding Home for an additional 10 seconds.)
Step 3: On RedSnow, click Jailbreak. After that ensure that option Install Cydia is checked, and click next. The jailbreak process will take only few minutes (round about 5mins).
Step 4: Once the process is completes, you’ll be back on home screen and then place your device into DFU mode again.
Step 5: Go to the main page of RedSn0w. Select Extras > Just boot. A tethered boot will be performed, and you should see Cydia on your Home screen once your device boots back up.
That’s it!, your device is now successfully jailbroken. Enjoy the Cydia experience on your iOS device without getting in the hassle of installing it manually!.