Following up with the release of evasi0n, iH8snow’s updated Snowbreeze v2.9.8 provided untethered jailbreak support for devices capable of running iOS 6-6.1.
As you might know, Snowbreeze is Windows specific jailbreak utility. The previously released evasi0n jailbreak tool also support both the Windows and Mac platforms. Windows users can easily use evasi0n as well to jailbreak their device.
However for those showing hesitation over the newly born evasi0n jailbreak utility can give Snowbreeze a shot. Also since this jailbreak tool uses DFU exploits for jailreak purposes, A5 and above devices can’t be jailbroken at this time with Snowbreeze.
Following is the change-log of the jailbreak utility:-
What is New?
- Added 5.2/6.0.x/6.1 untethers provided by evad3rs
- Added iOS 6.1 support for iPhone 3GS, and A4 devices.
- Fixed Hacktivation issues on 6.0.x.
- Fixed some iFaith mode bugs.
I should note AppleTV 2 stuff such as XBMC is currently broken. So you may want to hold back on updating until your favorite tweaks are updated and available.
- Use iFaith mode after selecting/downloading the appropriate IPSW for your device. You will then be prompted to browse for SHSH blobs for the IPSW you have selected.
- Remember to enter a PWNED DFU state with sn0wbreeze’s iREB button in the top bar of sn0wbreeze prior to (SHIFT + Restoring) the custom signed IPSW!
As stated many times in the past, sn0wbreeze cannot be updated to work on A5(X)/A6(X) devices until a low level exploit in DFU or iBoot is found and made public.
A5(X)/A6(X) Baseband Preservation/Hacktivation?
For those running A5(X)/A6(X) devices and need to preserve your baseband, there is nothing you can do at the moment. For those wanting to hacktivate, the only advice I can give is to buy the carrier’s SIM (the one its locked to obviously) on ebay. The SIM does not have to be activated with the carrier to activate the phone.
- Windows 8 users currently need to use this workaround to run sn0wbreeze.
- First boot on an AppleTV 2 for 5.1/5.2 firmwares has funky glitches. Should be fixed by updates pushed via repos.
- iPad baseband will fail to flash on iOS 4.0 –> iOS 4.2.1 restores.
- iPod Touch 2G 4.x.x restores fail (fix coming soon).
So if you’re a Windows users and have a pre-A5 device then Snowbreeze is the ideal choice to use. Download from the link below:-
Download SnowBreeze v2.9.8 To Untethered Jailbreak iOS 6-6.1 [Direct Link]