The evad3rs strike once again by releasing a second update for their jailbreak tool, bringing it to evasi0n 1.2. Alongside other bug-fixes introduced in evasi0n 1.1, this updated version disables OTA (over the air) updates on your jailbroken phone so that you don’t accidentally update your device to a newer iOS version that would compromise jailbreak access and also it fixes the timezone issue.
Following is the complete change-log for the two updated versions of evasi0n this past week:-
- Disable OTA updates.
- Correct timezone issue in evasi0n binary if client fails to correct it.
- prevent Weather app from appearing on iPads.
- mitigated the long reboot issue.
- fix issue with not working after connecting multiple iOS devices
- fix blinking of the jailbreak instructions on OS X.
- codesigned Mac app.
If you’ve already jailborken your device using a previous version of evasi0n, you’ll see an update for evasi0n 126.96.36.199 Untether package in Cydia. You can either install that package to gain benefit of the new version of evasi0n or you can download the latest verion of evasi0n from the the links given below and install it manually from your computer.
Download Evasion 1.2 (evasi0n 1.2) For Untethered iOS 6-6.1 Jailbreak on Mac [Direct Link]
Download Evasion 1.2 (evasi0n 1.2) For Untethered iOS 6-6.1 Jailbreak on Linux [Direct Link]